This blog is dedicated strictly to hardcore and punk music. I post band's that I truly believe in and support. You should support these bands 100% as well, if you hear something you like. For fuck sake, go to a show, and buy merch.

2/21/10

Prayers for Atheists EP Review

As the CD starts playing in my stereo I start to get the feeling that maybe within this disc is a time machine here to take me back to the late 80's or early 90's. Where hip hop was still pure and punk was making it's mark in the music. Listening to this may make you feel a bit nostalgic if you grew up listening to old hip hop and old punk bands. This album is absolutely fucking RAW! And that's absolutely a good thing.

As the album moves on you get that Rage Against the Machine feel, both lyrically, and vocally.
With vocals changing throughout the whole album, everything from rapping to raw punk vocals and some screaming. You really start to get pulled in and feel what vocalist Jared Paul is singing about. As I said before, you get that old school punk feel. Lyrics surrounding around the harsh reality that we live in shows that Prayers for Atheists really keeps how punk started, alive.

Guitarist, bassist, and drummer Alan Hague brings the music more to life with how he brings the noise. He can really find that medium with punk and hip hop drumming and make you really feel the beat and get into it. The guitars keep a steady but moving punkish sound moving throughout the whole album. For only 2 guys, this band knows how to make music and make music fucking well.

At the end of it all, this album is an album that i without a doubt truly believe and want to hear more of. I let the CD play through once and back around again.
I suggest you support this band and buy the music they have to offer.

I'll give this album 4 stars out of 5.

Songs that stand out:
Psalm for St.Paul
Rows of Steel
Wrong Horse

MYSPACE

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I saw Jared Paul at a spoken word event in Providence just last week and it was excellent. I'll definitely check this out

    ReplyDelete